Learn how to make a cannabis cooking oil (marijuana oil). Cannabis cooking oil is a mixture of extracted cannabinoids and a cooking oil. We recommend using extra virgin olive oil. You can cook with cannabis oil in any recipe that calls for oil.
- 28oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1oz/28g of finely ground marijuana (or up to 1/4 LB commercial grade)
Hempy Oil uses peanut oil as its base which has a thicker consistency than olive oil and is used for making Hemp Hermits .
Making the Cannabis Oil:
- Pour oil into a large saucepan.
- Heat on a medium setting, and let it warm up.
- Do not let the oil boil! This is very important for making quality cannabis oil.
- Once the oil is hot, but not boiling, you may add the cannabis powder.
- Stir frequently, and watch for bubbles. If the oil begins to boil remove it from the heat.
- Continue for at least 1 hour, we suggest allowing the bud to soak in the hot oil for about 2 hours.
You can use cannabis oil in place of regular oil in any recipe! Or use on a fresh pot leaf salad! Using this method, 1oz of oil should contain the equivalent quantity of cannabinoids as 1 gram of marijuana. Use sparingly, and do not start with more than one ounce of this oil. You may eat more as needed.
For more about marijuana cooking oil and its uses see The Cannabis Cookbook: Over 35 Tasty Recipes for Meals, Munchies, and More